||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Proceedings of the first annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 1999 November 2-3, San Antonio, TX.
Author: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.
Source: General Technical Report NC-213. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
- Background for AFIS, the Annual Forrest Inventory System
McRoberts, Ronald E.
- Moving to an annual inventory in the Pacific Northwest
- The hexagon/panel system for selecting FIA plots under an annual inventory
Brand, Gary J.; Nelson, Mark D.; Wendt, Daniel G.; Nimerfro, Kevin K.
- Pros and Cons of the Interpenetrating Panel Design
Van Deusen, Paul C.
- Using classified Landsat Thematic Mapper data for stratification in a statewide forest inventory
Hansen, Mark H.; Wendt, Daniel G.
- Forest/non-forest stratification in Georgia with Landsat Thematic Mapper data
Cooke, William H.
- Comparison of three annual inventory designs, a periodic design, and a midcycle design
Arner, Stanford L.
- SAFIS area estimation techniques
Reams, Gregory A.
- Diameter growth models using FIA data from the Northeastern, Southern, and North Central Research Stations
Lessard, Veronica C.; McRoberts, Ronald E.; Holdaway, Margaret R.
- Evaluating imputation and modeling in the North Central region
McRoberts, Ronald E.
- Annual Forest Inventory: An Industry Perspective
Lord , Roger
- Maine's annual inventory: state perspectives
Laustsen, Kenneth M.
Description: Documents progress in developing the techniques required for full implementation of the national Forest Inventory and Analysis program's new annual forest inventory system.
Keywords: annual forest inventory, interpenetrating sample, remote sensing, growth models, imputation, 1998 Farm Bill
View or Print this Publication (6.3 MB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C. 2000. Proceedings of the first annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 1999 November 2-3, San Antonio, TX. General Technical Report NC-213. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility