||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Proceedings of the third annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2001 October 17-19; Traverse City, Michigan
Author: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; Moser, John W.
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-230. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 208 p.
- Per tree estimates with n-tree distance sampling: an application to increment core data
Lynch, Thomas B.; Wittwer, Robert F.
- Standard errors in forest area
- A first look at measurement error on FIA plots using blind plots in the Pacific Northwest
Melson, Susanna; Azuma, David; Fried, Jeremy S.
- Annual forest inventory estimates based on the moving average
Roesch, Francis A.; Steinman, James R.; Thompson, Michael T.
- Issues related to panel creep
Van Deusen, Paul C.
- Comparing Minnesota land cover/use area estimates using NRI and FIA data
Lessard, Veronica C.; Hansen, Mark H.; Nelson, Mark D.
- A statistically valid method for using FIA plots to guide spectral class rejection in producing stratification maps
Hoppus, Michael L.; Lister, Andrew J.
- Synergistic use of FIA plot data and Landsat 7 ETM+ images for large area forest mapping
Huang, Chengquan; Yang, Limin; Homer, Collin; Coan, Michael; Rykhus, Russell; Zhang, Zheng; Wylie, Bruce; Hegge, Kent; Zhu, Zhiliang; Lister, Andrew; Hoppus, Michael; Tymcio, Ronald; DeBlander, Larry; Cooke, William; McRoberts, Ronald; Wendt, Daniel; Weyermann, Dale
- A 30-meter spatial database for the nation's forests
Czaplewski, Raymond L.
- A comparison of stratification effectiveness between the National Land Cover Data set and photointerpretation in western Oregon
Dunham, Paul; Weyermann, Dale; Azuma, Dale
- Efficiency and precision for estimating timber and non-timber attributes using Landsat-based stratification methods in two-phase sampling in northwest California
Kaartinen, Antti T.; Fried, Jeremy S.; Dunham, Paul A.
- Stratified estimates of forest area using the k-nearest neighbors technique and satellite imagery
McRoberts, Ronald E.; Nelson, Mark D.; Wendt, Daniel
- Progress in adapting k-NN methods for forest mapping and estimation using the new annual Forest Inventory and Analysis data
Haapanen, Reija; Lehtinen, Kimmo; Miettinen, Jukka; Bauer, Marvin E.; Ek, Alan R.
- Allometric scaling theory applied to FIA biomass estimation
Chojnacky, David C.
- A comparison of several techniques for imputing tree level data
Gartner, David; Reams, Greg
- Volume and biomass estimation in FIA: national consistency vs. regional accuracy
- The efficacy of using inventory data to develop optimal diameter increment models
Bragg, Don C.
- Developing the next generation of forest ecosystem models
Schwalm, Christopher R.; Ek, Alan R.
- Implementing a land cover stratification on-the-fly
McRoberts, Ronald E.; Wendt, Daniel G.
- Fragmentation statistics for FIA: designing an approach
Riemann, Rachel; Lister, Andrew; Hoppus, Michael; Lister, Tonya
- Techniques and Considerations for FIA forest fragmentation analysis
Lister, Andrew J.; Lister, Tonya W.; Riemann, Rachel; Hoppus, Mike
- Point pattern analysis of FIA data
- Using FIA data to assess current and potential future tree species importance values in the eastern United States
Iverson, Louis; Prasad, Anantha
- What does nonforest land contribute to the global carbon balance?
Jenkins, Jennifer C.; Riemann, Rachel
- Various aspects of sustainability analysis in Georgia
Cieszewski, C. J.; Zasada, M.; Borders, B. E.; Lowe , R.; Clutter, M. L.; Daniels, R. F.; Izlar, R.
- Use of Forest Inventory and Analysis information in wildlife habitat modeling: a process for linking multiple scales
Edwards, Thomas C.; Moisen, Gretchen G.; Frescino, Tracey S.; Lawler, Joshua L.
- Using specific volume increment (SVI) for quantifying growth responses in trees - theoretical and practical considerations
- Development of a stand density index equation for slash pine stands
Doruska, Paul F.
Description: Documents contributions to forest inventory in the areas of sampling, remote sensing, modeling, information management, and analysis with emphasis on implementation of the annual inventory system of the Forest Inventory and Analysis program of the USDA Forest Service.
Keywords: annual forest inventory, estimation, sampling, inputation, modeling, remote sensing.
View or Print this Publication (4.4 MB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; Moser, John W. 2003. Proceedings of the third annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2001 October 17-19; Traverse City, Michigan. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-230. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 208 p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility