||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Black walnut in a new century, proceedings of the 6th Walnut Council research symposium; 2004 July 25-28; Lafayette, IN.
Author: Michler, C. H.; Pijut, P.M.; Van Sambeek, J.; Coggeshall, M.; Seifert, J.; Woeste, K.; Overton, R.; Ponder, F., Jr., eds. Jr.
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-243. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 188 p.
- History of black walnut genetics research in North America
Victory, Erin; Woeste, Keith; Rhodes, Olin E., Jr. Jr.
- Walnut genetic improvement at the start of a new century
Woeste, Keith E.; McKenna, James R.
- Cultivar evaluation and development for black walnut orchards
Reid, William; Coggeshall, Mark V.; Hunt, Kenneth L.
- Persian walnut breeding in California
Leslie, Charles A.; McGranahan, Gale H.
- Effect of seed position and media on germination of black walnut and northern red oak: implications for nursery production and direct seeding
Davis, Anthony S.; Wilson, Barrett C.; Jacobs, Douglass F.
- Vegetative propagation of butternut (Juglans cinerea) field results
Pijut, Paula M.
- Genetic transformation of black walnut (Juglans nigra)
Bosela, Michael J.; Smagh, Gurpreet S.; Michler, Charles H.
- Production and early field performance of RPM® seedlings in Missouri floodplains
Dey, Daniel C.; Lovelace, Wayne; Kabrick, John M.; Gold, Michael A.
- Facilitating nutrient aquisition of black walnut and other hardwoods at plantation establishment
Jacobs, Douglass F.; Seifert, John R.
- Soils and nutrition management for black walnuts
Ponder, Felix, Jr. Jr.
- Site relationships and black walnut height growth in natural stands in eastern Kansas
Geyer, Wayne A.; Ponder, Felix, Jr. Jr.
- Managing black walnut in natural stands: the human dimension
Stelzer, H.E. "Hank"
- Ground cover management in walnut and other hardwood plantings
Van Sambeek, J.W.; Garrett, H.E.
- Girdling eastern black walnut to increase heartwood width
Godsey, Larry D.; Walter, W.D. "Dusty"; Garrett, H.E. "Gene"
- Use of herbicide to reduce stump-sprouting following thinning of an eastern black walnut agroforestry planting
Walter, W.D. "Dusty"; Garrett, H.E. "Gene"; Godsey, Larry D.
- Diseases of intensively managed eastern black walnut
Mielke, Manfred E.; Ostry, Michael E.
- Spread of butternut canker in North America, host range, evidence of resistance within butternut populations and conservation genetics
Ostry, M. E.; Woeste, K.
- Insects attacking black walnut in the midwestern United States
- Control of deer damage with chemical repellents in regenerating hardwood stands
MacGowan, Brian J.; Severeid, Larry; Skemp, Fred, Jr. Jr.
- A new tree improvement programme for black walnut in the United Kingdom
Russell, Karen; Hemery, Gabriel E.
- Genetic and silvicultural research promoting common walnut (Juglans regia) for timber production in the United Kingdom
Hemery, Gabriel E.
- Walnut tissue culture: research and field applications
Lopez, Jose M.
- Current research in Spain on walnut for wood production
Aletà, Neus; , Neus
- Beyond the wild nut: moving toward profitable black walnut nut crops
Hammons, Brian; Ponder, Felix, Jr. Jr.; Rickman, John
- Factors affecting the quality of walnut lumber and veneer
Cassens, Daniel L.
- Performance of black walnut in the Yellow River watershed of the People's Republic of China
Van Sambeek, J. W.; Xi, Sheng-Ke; Gustafson, William A.; Coggeshall, Mark V.
- The black walnut resource in the United States
Shifley, Stephen R.
Description: Presents papers and abstracts relating to genetic improvement, nursery production, plantation establishment, natural stand management, pest management, agroforestry and economics of black walnut and related Juglans species.
Keywords: Juglans, genetic improvement, plantation culture, agroforestry.
View or Print this Publication (8.0 MB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
Michler, C. H.; Pijut, P.M.; Van Sambeek, J.; Coggeshall, M.; Seifert, J.; Woeste, K.; Overton, R.; Ponder, F., Jr., eds. 2004. Black walnut in a new century, proceedings of the 6th Walnut Council research symposium; 2004 July 25-28; Lafayette, IN. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-243. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 188 p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility