||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Proceedings of the seventh annual forest inventory and analysis symposium
Author: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. eds.
Source: Gen. Tech. Report WO-77. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 319 p.
- Forest inventory: role in accountability for sustainable forest management
Irland, Lloyd C.
- A history of U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service forest survey, 1830-2004
LaBau, Vernon J.; Bones, James T.; Kingsley, Neal P.; Lund, H. Gyde; Smith, W. Brad
- Separating the cows from the trees: toward development of national definitions of forest and rangeland
Lund, H. Gyde
- Society of American Foresters - an advocacy for forest inventory
Moser, John W., Jr. Jr.
- Tree communities of lowland warm-temperate old-growth and neighboring shelterbelt forests in the Shikoku region of southwestern Japan
Kuramoto, Shigeo; Oshioka, Shigenori; Hirayama, Takahisa; Sato, Kaori; Hirata, Yasumasa
- Development of a national forest inventory for carbon accounting purposes in New Zealand's planted Kyoto forests
Moore, John; Payton, Ian; Burrows, Larry; Goulding, Chris; Beets, Peter; Lane, Paul; Stephens, Peter
- Current and emerging operational uses of remote sensing in Swedish forestry
Olsson, Hakan; Egberth, Mikael; Engberg, Jonas; Fransson, Johan E.S.; Pahlen, Tina Granqvist; et al,
- Austrian National Forest Inventory: caught in the past and heading toward the future
Schadauer, Klemens; Gschwantner, Thomas; Gabler, Karl
- Italian National Forest Inventory: methods, state of the project, and future developments
Tabacchi, Giovanni; De Natale, Flora; Floris, Antonio; Gagliano, Caterina; Gasparini, Patrizia; Scrinzi, Gianfranco; Tosi, Vittorio
- Deriving simple and adjusted financial rates of return on Mississippi timber lands by combining forest inventory and analysis and Timber Mart-South data
Hartsell, Andrew J.
- The virtual analyst program: automated data mining, error analysis, and reporting
Moser, W. Keith; Hansen, Mark H.; Miles, Patrick; Johnson, Barbara; McRoberts, Ronald E.
- A comparison of tree crown condition in areas with and without gypsy moth activity
Randolph, KaDonna C.
- Searching for American chestnut: the estimation of rare species attributes in a national forest inventory
Roesch, Francis A.; McWilliams, William H.
- Rapid forest change in the interior west presents analysis opportunities and challenges
Shaw, John D.
- Forests on the edge: evaluating contributions of and threats to America's private forest lands
Stein, Susan M.; Hatfield, Mark; McRoberts, Ronald E.; Meneguzzo, Dacia M.; Dechter, Mike; et al,
- Relationships between the attributes of standing live and dead down trees in forests of the Lake States
Woodall, Christopher W.; Nagel, Linda
- Thematic and positional accuracy assessment of digital remotely sensed data
Congalton, Russell G.
- The spatial distribution of riparian ash: implications for the dispersal of the emerald ash borer
Crocker, Susan J.; Moser, W. Keith; Hansen, Mark H.; Nelson, Mark D.
- The investigation of classification methods of high-resolution imagery
Frescino, Tracey S.; Moisen, Gretchen G.; DeBlander, Larry; Guerin, Michel
- Measurement of forest disturbance and regrowth with Landsat and forest inventory and analysis data: anticipated benefits from forest and inventory analysis' collaboration with the national aeronautics and space administration and university partners
Healey, Sean; Moisen, Gretchen; Masek, Jeff; Cohen, Warren; Goward, Sam; et al,
- The status of accurately locating forest inventory and analysis plots using the Global Positioning System
Hoppus, Michael; Lister, Andrew
- Mapping Forest Inventory and Analysis forest land use: timberland, reserved forest land, and other forest land
Nelson, Mark D.; Vissage, John
- Use of LIDAR for forest inventory and forest management application
Peterson, Birgit; Dubayah, Ralph; Hyde, Peter; Hofton, Michelle; Blair, J. Bryan; Fites-Kaufman, JoAnn
- On estimation in k-tree sampling
Kleinn, Christoph; Vilcko, Frantisek
- Grid-based sampling designs and area estimation
McCollum, Joseph M.
- New methods for sampling sparse populations
- Location uncertainty and the tri-areal design
Roesch, Francis A.
- The poor man's Geographic Information System: plot expansion factors
Van Deusen, Paul C.
- Improving coarse woody debris measurements: a taper-based technique
Woodall, Christopher W.; Westfall, James A.
- Evaluating ecoregion-based height-diameter relationships of five economically important Appalachian hardwood species in West Virginia
Brooks, John R.; Wiant, Harry V., Jr. Jr.
- Using Forest Inventory and Analysis data to model plant-climate relationships
Crookston, Nicholas L.; Rehfeldt, Gerald E.; Warwell, Marcus V.
- A k-nearest neighbor approach for estimation of single-tree biomass
Fehrmann, Lutz; Kleinn, Christoph
- A Bayesian approach to multisource forest area estimation
Finley, Andrew O.
- Compatible taper algorithms for California hardwoods
Flewelling, James W.
- Sample-based estimation of tree species richness in a wet tropical forest compartment
Magnussen, Steen; Pelissier, Raphael
- Estimating tree species richness from forest inventory plot data
McRoberts, Ronald E.; Meneguzzo, Dacia M.
- Defining stem profile model for wood valuation of red pine in Ontario and Michigan with consideration of stand density influence on tree taper
Zakrzewski, W. T.; Penner, M.; MacFarlane, D. W.
- Modeling forest bird species' likelihood of occurrence in Utah with Forest Inventory and Analysis and Landfire map products and ecologically based pseudo-absence points
Zarnetske, Phoebe L.; Edwards, Thomas C., Jr. Jr.; Moisen, Gretchen G.
- Challenges of working with FIADB17 data: the SOLE experience
Spinney, Michael; Van Deusen, Paul
- Use of FIA plot data in the LANDFIRE project
Toney, Chris; Rollins, Matthew; Short, Karen; Frescino, Tracey; Tymcio, Ronald; Peterson, Birgit
Description: Documents contributions to forest inventory in the areas of sampling, remote sensing, modeling, information management and analysis for the Forest Inventory and Analysis program of the USDA Forest Service.
Keywords: sampling, estimation, remote sensing, modeling, information science, policy, analysis
View or Print this Publication (19.3 MB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. 2007. Proceedings of the seventh annual forest inventory and analysis symposium. Gen. Tech. Report WO-77. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 319 p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility