||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Ninth workshop on seedling physiology and growth problems in oak plantings (abstracts)
Author: Weigel, D.R.; Van Sambeek, J.W.; Michler, C.H., eds. eds.
Source: 2004 October 18-20; West Lafayette, IN. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-262. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 28 p.
- Flood tolerance evaluation of bottomland oaks in a multi-channel field laboratory
Coggeshall, Mark V.; Van Sambeek, J. W.; Schlarbaum, Scott E.
- Performance of northern red oak seedlings across a pH gradient
Davis, Anthony S.; Jacobs, Douglass F.
- Evaluation of RPM oak seedlings in afforesting floodplain crop fields along the Missouri River
Dey, Daniel C.; Kabrick, John M.; Gold, Michael A.
- Response of white oak and black oak seedlings to a mid-story removal
Dillaway, Dylan N.; Stringer, Jeff
- Development of northern red oak rooted cutting and enrichment planting systems
Gocke, Matthew H.; Schuler, Jamie; Robison, Daniel J.; Goldfarb, Barry
- Evaluating desiccation sensitivity of northern red oak acorns using x-ray image analysis
Goodman, Rosa C.; Jacobs, Douglass F.
- Transplant shock of northern red oak seedlings following simulated drought as influenced by root morphology
Jacobs, Douglass F.; Salifu, Francis; Davis, Anthony
- Planted oaks and natural invasion in bottomland hardwood forests of the Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley
Keeland, Bobby D.; McCoy, John W.; Wharton, Kristi
- Is seedling grading beneficial to artificial regeneration of northern red oaks?
Kormanik, Paul P.; Sung, Shi-Jean S.; Zarnoch, Stanley J.
- Underplanting pin oak seedlings in bottomland forests managed as Greentree Reservoirs
Krekeler, Nicholas; Kabrick, John M.; Dey, Daniel C.
- Comparative development of planted cherrybark oak-sweetgum mixtures: implications for future mixed-species plantings in the Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley
Lockhart, Brian R.; Ezell, Andrew W.; Hodges, John D.; Clatterbuck, Wayne K.
- A comparison of site preparation and sowing techniques for direct seeding bottomland red oaks in the Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley
Lockhart, Brian R.; Keeland, Bob; McCoy, John; Dean, Thomas J.
- Effects of fire and thinning on oak and other hardwood species regeneration in mixed oak forests of southeastern Ohio
McCarthy, Brian C.; Albrecht, Matthew A.
- Regeneration concerns in areas impacted by sudden oak death
McCreary, Douglas D.
- Twenty-year performance in a white oak provenance test
O'Connor, Philip A.
- Field performance of graded northern red oak seedlings planted under four overstory treatments in Tennessee: two-year results
Oswalt, Christopher M.; Clatterbuck, Wayne K.
- Natural oak regeneration 22 to 35 years after clearcutting on the Hoosier National Forest
Selig, Marcus F.; Seifert, John R.; Jacobs, Douglass F.
- Effects of periodic fire on composition and long-term dynamics of Arkansas upland hardwood forests
Spetich, Martin A.
- Early stand development in a red oak-paper birch stand regenerated through the shelterwood system in northern Wisconsin
Strong, Terry F.
- Impact of acorn moisture content at sowing on germination and seedling growth of white oak and northern red oak
Sung, Shi-Jean Susana; Kormanik, Paul P.; Kormanik, Taryn L.; Zarnoch, Stanley J.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of ground cover management in oak plantings and stands
Van Sambeek, J. W.
- Evaluation of root force? container seedlings of four oak species for bottomland forest restoration in southern Indiana: 2 year results
Weigel, Dale R.; Dey, Daniel C.
- Effect of storage temperature and duration on cold hardiness and dormancy of northern red oak seedlings: use of the electrolyte leakage procedure
Wilson, Barrett C.; Jacobs, Douglass F.
- Response of outplanted northern red oak seedlings under two silvicultural prescriptions in north Alabama
Schweitzer, Callie Jo; Gardiner, Emile; Love, Stephanie; Green, Tom
- Upland hardwood research in Arkansas Boston Mountains - an integrated approach
Spetich, Martin A.
- Harvest survivability of oak advanced regeneration
Description: Research results and ongoing research activities in field performance of oak plantings, seedling propagation, genetics, acorn germination, and natural regeneration of oaks are described in 26 abstracts.
Keywords: Plantations, propagation, regeneration
View or Print this Publication (351 KB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
Weigel, D.R.; Van Sambeek, J.W.; Michler, C.H., eds. 2005. Ninth workshop on seedling physiology and growth problems in oak plantings (abstracts). 2004 October 18-20; West Lafayette, IN. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-262. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 28 p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility