||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Proceedings of the fifth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium
Author: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. eds.
Source: Proceedings of the fifth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2003 November 18-20; New Orleans, LA. Gen. Tech. Rep. WO-69. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service. 222 p.
- Three Proposed Data Collection Models for Annual Inventories
Reams, Greg; Smith, Bill; Bechtold, Bill; McRoberts, Ron; Spirek, Frank; Liff, Chuck
- Establishment of Canada's National Forest Inventory: Approach and Issues
Omule, A. Y.; Gillis, Mark D.
- Northeastern Regional Forest Fragmentation Assessment: Rationale, Methods, and Comparisons With Other Studies
Lister, Andrew; Riemann, Rachel; Lister, Tonya; McWilliams, Will
- Southwestern Oregon's Biscuit Fire: An Analysis of Forest Resources, Fire Severity, and Fire Hazard
Azuma, David L.; Christensen, Glenn A.
- Assessment and Mapping of Forest Parcel Sizes
Butler, Brett J.; King, Susan L.
- Incorporation of Precipitation Data Into FIA Analyses: A Case Study of Factors Influencing Susceptibility to Oak Decline in Southern Missouri, U.S.A.
Moser, W. Keith; Liknes, Greg; Hansen, Mark; Nimerfro, Kevin
- Impact of Stream Management Zones and Road Beautifying Buffers on Long-Term Fiber Supply in Georgia
Zasada, Michal; Cieszewski, Chris J.; Lowe , Roger C.
- Generating Broad-Scale Forest Ownership Maps: A Closest-Neighbor Approach
Butler, Brett J.
- Impact of Definitions of FIA Variables and Compilation Procedures on Inventory Compilation Results in Georgia
Stewart, Brock; Cieszewski, Chris J.; Zasada, Michal
- K-Nearest Neighbor Estimation of Forest Attributes: Improving Mapping Efficiency
Finley, Andrew O.; Ek, Alan R.; Bai, Yun; Bauer, Marvin E.
- Proof of Concept for an Approach to a Finer Resolution Inventory
Cieszewski, Chris J.; Iles, Kim; Lowe, Roger C.; Zasada, Michal
- Can a Forest/Nonforest Change Map Improve the Precision of Forest Area, Volume, Growth, Removals, and Mortality Estimates?
Gormanson, Dale D.; Hansen, Mark H.; McRoberts, Ronald E.
- Stratum Weight Determination Using Shortest Path Algorithm
King, Susan L.
- A Three-Step Approach To Model Tree Mortality in the State of Georgia
Meng, Qingmin ; Cieszewski, Chris J.; Lowe , Roger C.; Zasada, Michal
- Optimal Tree Increment Models for the Northeastern United States
Bragg, Don C.
- Northeastern FIA Tree Taper Study: Current Status and Future Work
Westfall, James A.; Scott, Charles T.
- Mapped Plot Patch Size Estimates
Van Deusen, Paul C.
- FIA Quality Assurance Program: Evaluation of a Tree Matching Algorithm for Paired Forest Inventory Data
Pollard, James E.; Westfall, James A.; Patterson, Paul A.; Gartner, David L.
- Allocating Fire Mitigation Funds on the Basis of the Predicted Probabilities of Forest Wildfire
McRoberts, Ronald E.; Liknes, Greg C.; Nelson, Mark D.; Gebert, Krista M.; Barbour, R. James; Odell, Susan L.; Yaddof, Steven C.
- Comparison of U.S. Forest Land AreaEstimates From Forest Inventory and Analysis, National Resources Inventory, and Four Satellite Image-Derived Land Cover Data Sets
Nelson, Mark D.; McRoberts, Ronald E.; Lessard, Veronica C.
- Accuracy Assessment of FIA's Nationwide Biomass Mapping Products: Results From the North Central FIA Region
Holden, Geoffrey R.; Nelson, Mark D.; McRoberts, Ronald E.
- A Proposal for Phase 4 of the Forest Inventory and Analysis Program
McRoberts, Ronald E.
- Extending and Intensifying the FIA Inventory of Down Forest Fuels: Boundary Waters Canoe Area and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
Woodall, Christopher W.; Leutscher, Bruce
- Detection Monitoring of Crown Condition in South Carolina: A Case Study
Bechtold, William A.; Coulston, John W.
- Forest Inventory and Analysis and Forest Health Monitoring: Piecing the Quilt
McCollum, Joseph M.; Cochran, Jamie K.
- Models for Estimation and Simulation of Crown and Canopy Cover
Shaw, John D.
- Species Composition of Down Dead and Standing Live Trees: Implications for Forest Inventory Analysis
Woodall, Christopher W.; Nagel, Linda
- Access and Use of FIA Data Through FIA Spatial Data Services
- The open-source movement: an introduction for forestry professionals
Proctor, Patrick; Van Deusen, Paul C.; Heath, Linda S.; Gove, Jeffrey H.
- A Knowledge Base for FIA Data Uses
Rudis, Victor A.
- Comparison of Programs Used for FIA Inventory Information Dissemination and Spatial Representation
Lowe , Roger C.; Cieszewski, Chris J.
- Emerald Ash Borer
McCullough, Deborah G.; Katovich, Steven A.
Description: The Fifth Annual Forest Inventory and Analysis Symposium was held in New Orleans, Louisiana, the second consecutive year at this location. Given the positive response to the 2002 symposium in New Orleans, we decided to return in 2003. Each year of this symposium series the range of presentations has increased; 2003 was no exception, with several presentations related to forest health and several related to information science and distribution. of particular note for the 2003 symposium, we welcomed participation and a presentation from our Canadian neighbors. The symposium organizers thank all participants and presenters and convey thanks to those who submitted their papers for these proceedings.
Keywords: annual forest inventory, assessments, forest health, information science, policy, remote sensing, statistics
View or Print this Publication (2.1 MB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. 2005. Proceedings of the fifth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium. Proceedings of the fifth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2003 November 18-20; New Orleans, LA. Gen. Tech. Rep. WO-69. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service. 222 p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility