You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Pilot Studies for Enhanced Forest Land Measurement
Author: Birdsey, R.; Hollinger, D.; Heath, L.; Hoover, C.; Kolka, R.; Smith, M. L.; Ryan, M.
Source: North American Carbon Program, NACP_Intensive_WP_004. 9 p.
Description: Land measurements will make a significant contribution towards answering the science questions that motivate the North American Carbon Program (NACP):
- What is the carbon balance of North America and adjacent ocean basins, and how is the balance changing over time? What are the sources and sinks, and the geographic patterns of carbon fluxes?
- What factors control the sources and sinks, and how do they change with time?
- Are there potential "surprises", where sources could increase or sinks disappear?
- How can we enhance and manage long-lived carbon sinks to sequester carbon?
View or Print this Publication (1.4 MB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
Birdsey, R.; Hollinger, D.; Heath, L.; Hoover, C.; Kolka, R.; Smith, M. L.; Ryan, M. 2003. Pilot Studies for Enhanced Forest Land Measurement. North American Carbon Program, NACP_Intensive_WP_004. 9 p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility