||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Proceedings of the sixth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium
Author: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Duesen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. eds.
Source: Proceedings of the sixth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2004 September 21-24; Denver, CO. Gen. Tech. Rep. WO-70. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service. 126 p.
- Vision for the Future of FIA: Paean to Progress, Possibilities, and Partners
Guldin, Richard W.; King, Susan L.; Scott, Charles T.
- Land-Base Changes in the United States: Long-Term Assessments of Forest Land Condition
Alig, Ralph J.
- Estimation of U.S. Timber Harvest Using Roundwood Equivalents
- Broad-Scale Assessment of Fuel Treatment Opportunities
Miles, Patrick D.; Skog, Kenneth E.; Shepperd, Wayne D.; Reinhardt, Elizabeth D.; Fight, Roger D.
- Linking Fuel Inventories With Atmospheric Data for Assessment of Fire Danger
Woodall, Christopher W.; Charney, Joseph; Liknes, Greg; Potter, Brian
- Urban Forest Health Monitoring in the United States
Nowak, David J.; Twardus, Daniel; Hoehn, Robert; Mielke, Manfred; Smith, Bill; Walton, Jeffery T.; Crane , Daniel E.; Cumming, Anne; Stevens, Jack C.
- Drought-Related Mortality in Pinyon-Juniper Woodlands: A Test Case for the FIA Annual Inventory System
Shaw, John D.
- National Detection Surveys for Sudden Oak Death
Tkacz, B. M.; Oak, S. W.; Smith, W. D.
- Sole: Online Analysis of Southern FIA Data
Spinney, Michael P.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; Roesch, Francis A.
- Practical Considerations When Using Perturbed Forest Inventory Plot Locations To Develop Spatial Models: A Case Study
Coulston, John W.; Reams, Gregory A.; McRoberts, Ronald E.; Smith, William D.
- A Model-Based Approach to Inventory Stratification
McRoberts, Ronald E.
- Comparing Mapped Plot Estimators
Van Deusen, Paul C.
- Modifying Taper-Derived Merchantable Height Estimates to Account for Tree Characteristics
Westfall, James A.
- New Method for Determining the Relative Stand Density of Forest Inventory Plots
Woodall, Christopher W.; Miles, Patrick D.
- Post-Modeling Histogram Matching of Maps Produced Using Regression Trees
Lister, Andrew J.; Lister, Tonya W.
- Considerations in Forest Growth Estimation Between Two Measurements of Mapped Forest Inventory Plots
Thompson, Michael T.
Description: Documents contributions to forest inventory in the area of sampling, remote sensing, modeling, information management, and analysis for the Forest Inventory and Analysis program of the USDA Forest Service.
Keywords: Annual forest inventory, estimation, sampling, modeling, remote sensing, assessments
View or Print this Publication (5.6 MB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Duesen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. 2006. Proceedings of the sixth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium. Proceedings of the sixth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2004 September 21-24; Denver, CO. Gen. Tech. Rep. WO-70. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service. 126 p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility