||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Proceedings of the eighth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium
Author: McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. eds.
Source: Proceedings of the eighth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2006 October 16-19; Monterey, CA. Gen. Tech. Report WO-79. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 408 p.
- The Italian National Forest Inventory: geographical and positioning aspects in relation to the different phases of the project
Colle, Giacomo; Floris, Antonio; Scrinzi, Gianfranco; Tabacchi, Giovanni; Cavini, Lorenzo
- The new Brazilian national forest inventory
de Freitas, Joberto V.; de Oliveira, Yeda M. M.; Brena, Doadi A.; Gomide, Guilherme L.A.; Silva, Jose Arimatea; et al,
- Japanese national forest inventory and its spatial extension by remote sensing
Hirata, Yasumasa; Matsumoto, Mitsuo; Iehara, Toshiro
- The design of the second German national forest inventory
- The Brazilian national system of forest permanent plots
de Oliveira, Yeda Maria Malheiros; Rosot, Maria Augusta Doetzer; de Mottos, Patricia Povoa; de Freitas, Joberto Veloso; Gomide, Guilherme Luis Augusto; et al,
- Mapping Martinique's forests and other natural lands for land planning and development
du Cros, Remi Teissier; Vidal, Claude
- The Finnish national forest inventory
- Forest inventories generate scientifically sound information on the forest resource, but do our data and information really matter?
Keinn, Christoph; Stahl, Goran
- Research applications of ecosystem patterns
Bailey, Robert G.
- Developing survey grids to substantiate freedom from exotic pests
Coulston, John W.; Koch, Frank H.; Smith, William D.; Sapio, Frank J.
- Predicting the ability to produce emerald ash borer: a comparison of riparian and upland ash forests in southern lower Michigan
Crocker, Susan J.; McCullough, Deborah G.; Siegert, Nathan W.
- The distribution of mercury in a forest floor transect across the central United States
Perry, Charles H. (Hobie); Amacher, Michael C.; Cannon, William; Kolka, Randall K.; Woodruff, Laurel
- Dimensionality and the sample unit
Roesch, Francis A.
- Assessment of black ash (Fraxinus nigra) decline in Minnesota
Ward, Kathleen; Ostry, Michael; Venette, Robert; Palik, Brian; Hansen, Mark; Hatfield, Mark
- Use of forest inventory and analysis grid-based animal population data to develop an index of ecological diversity
Manley, Patricia N.; McIntyre, Kristian K.; Schlesinger, Matthew D.; Campbell, Lori A.; Merideth, Susan; Murphy, Dennis D.
- Wildlife monitoring across multiple spatial scales using grid-based sampling
McKelvey, Kevin S.; Cushman, Samuel A.; Schwartz, Michael K.; Ruggiero, Leonard F.
- Quantifying forest fragmentation using Geographic Information Systems and Forest Inventory and Analysis plot data
Meneguzzo, Dacia M.; Hansen, Mark H.
- The relationship between diversity and productivity in selected forests of the Lake States Region (USA): relative impact of species versus structural diversity
Moser, W. Keith; Hansen, Mark
- Estimating number and size of forest patches from FIA plot data
Nelson, Mark D.; Lister, Andrew J.; Hansen, Mark H.
- Using Forest Service multiple species inventory and monitoring protocols to count birds at forest inventory and analysis plots on the Caribbean landscape: results, observations, and challenges from year 1 of a 2-year study
Oswalt, Sonja N.; Brandeis, Thomas J.; Steadman, David W.; Robinson, Scott K.
- Predicting bird habitat quality from a geospatial analysis of FIA data
Tirpak, John M.; Jones-Farrand, D. Todd; Thompson, Frank R., III III; Twedt, Daniel J.; Nelson, Mark D.; Uihlein, William B., III III
- Estimating dead wood during national forest inventories: a review of inventory methodologies and suggestions for harmonization
Woodall, Christopher W.; Rondeux, Jacques; Verkerk, Pieter J.; Stahl, Goran
- Estimating the quadratic mean diameter of fine woody debris for forest type groups of the United States
Woodall, Christopher W.; Monleon, Vicente J.
- Attributes of standing dead trees in forests of the United States
Woodall, Christopher W.; Smith, James E.; Miles, Patrick D.
- Allometric equations for predicting Puerto Rican dry forest biomass and volume
Brandeis, Thomas; Delaney, Matthew; Royer, Larry; Parresol, Bernard
- Forest inventory predictions from individual tree crowns: regression modeling within a sample framework
Flewelling, James W.
- External validation of a forest inventory and analysis volume equation and comparisons with estimates from multiple stem-profile models
Oswalt, Christopher M.; Saunders, Adam M.
- Preliminary results of spatial modeling of selected forest health variables in Georgia
Stewart, Brock; Cieszewski, Chris J.; Smith, Eric L.
- Implementing the measurement interval midpoint method for change estimation
Westfall, James A.; Frieswyk, Thomas; Griffith, Douglas M.
- Mapping forest inventory and analysis data attributes within the framework of double sampling for stratification design
Chojnacky, David C.; Wynne, Randolph H.; Blinn, Christine E.
- Precise FIA plot registration using field and dense LIDAR data
- Exploring the association of the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources' satellite-detected change with the Forest Inventory and Analysis system of observed removals and mortality
Gormanson, Dale D.; Aunan, Timothy J.; Hansen, Mark H.; Hoppus, Michael
- The utility of the cropland data layer for Forest Inventory and Analysis
Liknes, Greg C.; Nelson, Mark D.; Gormanson, Dale D.; Hansen, Mark
- Landscape scale mapping of forest inventory data by nearest neighbor classification
- Estimation of a cover-type change matrix from error-prone data
- Bridging the gap between strategic and management forest inventories
McRoberts, Ronald E.
- Estimating uncertainty in map intersections
McRoberts, Ronald E.; Hatfield, Mark A.; Crocker, Susan J.
- Sampling and mapping forest volume and biomass using airborne LIDARs
Naesset, Erik; Gobakken, Terje; Nelson, Ross
- Forest-cover-type separation using RADARSAT-1 synthetic aperture radar imagery
Nelson, Mark D.; Ward, Kathleen T.; Bauer, Marvin E.
- Rapid mapping of hurricane damage to forests
Nielsen, Erik M.
- LIDAR forest inventory with single-tree, double- and single-phase procedures
Parker, Robert C.; Evans, David L.
- Cartographic standards to improve maps produced by the Forest Inventory and Analysis program
Perry, Charles H. (Hobie); Nelson, Mark D.
- Automatic crown cover mapping to improve forest inventory
Vidal, Claude; Boureau, Jean-Guy; Robert, Nicolas; Py, Nicolas; Zerubia, Josiane; Descombes, Xavier; Perrin, Guillaume
- The Finnish multisource national forest inventory: small-area estimation and map production
- Prefield methods: streamlining forest or nonforest determinations to increase inventory efficiency
Goeking, Sara; Moisen, Gretchen; Megown, Kevin; Toombs, Jason
- Is there a better metric than site index to indicate the productivity of forested lands?
Martin, Maria E. Blanco; Hoppus, Michael; Lister, Andrew; Westfall, James A.
- Improving Forest Inventory and Analysis efficiency with common land unit information
Liknes, Greg C.; Nelson, Mark D.
- Phase 2 and phase 3 presentation grids
McCollum, Joseph; Cochran, Jamie K.
- New functions and programs in Hypermap software development for internet-based displaying of FIA data
Cieszewski, Chris J.; Lowe, Roger C.; Liu, Shangbin; Elle, Ingvar; Markewitz, Daniel
- Next-generation simulation and optimization platform for forest management and analysis
Makinen, Antti; Kalliovirta, Jouni; Rasinmaki, Jussi
- SOLE: enhanced FIA data analysis capabilities
Spinney, Michael; Van Deusen, Paul
Description: Documents contributions to forest inventory in the areas of sampling, remote sensing, modeling, information management and analysis for the Forest Inventory and Analysis program of the Forest Service.
Keywords: sampling, estimation, remote sensing, modeling, information science, policy, analysis
View or Print this Publication (40.6 MB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
McRoberts, Ronald E.; Reams, Gregory A.; Van Deusen, Paul C.; McWilliams, William H., eds. 2009. Proceedings of the eighth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium. Proceedings of the eighth annual forest inventory and analysis symposium; 2006 October 16-19; Monterey, CA. Gen. Tech. Report WO-79. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 408 p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility