||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Tenth workshop on seedling physiology and growth problems in oak plantings
Author: Lockhart, Brian Roy; Gardiner, Emile S.; Dey, Daniel C.
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-32. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 18 p.
- Oak research and technology transfer activities of the University of Tennessee's tree improvement program
Schlarbaum, Scott E.; Maxedon, Jason S.; Clark, Stacy L.
- Two-year survival of planted seedlings as influenced by planting stock, planting method, fertilization or competition control
Ezell, Andrew W.; Moree, Joshua L.
- Results from a 20-year-old bottomland oak species comparison trial in western Kentucky
Rousseau, Randall J.
- Enhancing natural blue oak regeneration in California
McCreary, Douglas D.
- Doing more with less: efficiencies at Vallonia State Nursery
O'Connor, Philip A.
- A conceptual model for developing mixed-species plantations in the lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley
Lockhart, Brian Roy; Gardiner, Emile S.; Leininger, Theodor D.; Stanturf, John A.
- Integrating a wood quality component with the Sylvan Stand Structure Model for comparing cherrybark oak plantation management scenarios
Oswalt, Christopher M.; Larsen, David R.
- The use of relative growth rates to assess flood tolerance in oak seedlings
Coggeshall, Mark V.; Van Sambeek, J.W.
- Afforesting oaks in bottomlands
Dey, Daniel C.; Van Sambeek, J.W.; Ponder, Felix, Jr. Jr.; Kabrick, John M.
- Enhancing oak growth and development on Louisiana wetlands reserve program easements
Clason, Terry R.
- Evaluation of Root ForceTM container seedlings of four oak species for bottomland forest restoration in southern Indiana: 5-year results
Weigel, Dale R.; Dey, Daniel C.; Kabrick, John M.
- Oak seedling outplanting performance
Spetich, Martin A.; Dey, Daniel C.
- First-year evaluation of two northern red oak (Quercus rubra L.) plantings during a drought year
Clark, Stacy L.; Schlarbaum, Scott E.; Schweitzer, Callie J.
- Performance of four hardwoods on a good preharvested site, without weed control, treated with fire before planting and with and without tree shelter
Ponder, Felix, Jr. Jr.
- Control of acorn weevils in a bur oak seed orchard
O'Connor, Phillip A.
Description: Research results and ongoing research activities in field performance of oak plantings, seedling propagation, genetics, acorn germination, and natural regeneration of oaks are described in 15 abstracts.
Keywords: plantations, propagation, regeneration
View or Print this Publication (656 KB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
Lockhart, Brian Roy; Gardiner, Emile S.; Dey, Daniel C. 2008. Tenth workshop on seedling physiology and growth problems in oak plantings. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-32. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 18 p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility