||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Proceedings 1980 National Outdoor Recreation Trends Symposium
Author: LaPage, Wilbur F.; [Chairman],
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-57. Vol. I and II. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station. 249p. and 223p.
- Social indicators and outdoor recreation: the forgotten sector
Peine, John D.; Marans, Robert W.; Harris, Charles C.
- The role of futures forecasts in recreation: some applications in the third nationwide outdoor recreation plan
Maguire, Meg; Younger, Dana R.
- Trend indicators needed for effective recreation planning - a statistical blueprint for the 80's
Kaiser, H. Fred; Moeller, George H.
- The growth of selected leisure industries
Owen, Elizabeth R.
- Trends in financing and availability of capital
Schink, Donald G.
- Trends in private and commercial recreation
Epperson, Arlin F.
- Travel trends and energy
Corsi, Thomas M.; Harvey, Milton E.
- Trends in state outdoor recreation from periodic to process planning: the Minnesota example
Becker, William H.; Orning, George
- Trends in land and water available for outdoor recreation
Irland, Lloyd C.; Rumpf, Thomas
- Trends in organizational memberships and lobbying
Burch, William R.
- Skiing trends
Goeldner, Charles R.; Standley, Stacy
- Hunting and fishing trends in the U.S.
Charbonneau, J. John; Lyons, James R.
- Off-road vehicle trends
Nicholes, Garrell E.
- National boating trends
Marmo, Albert J.
- Trends in river recreation
Leatherberry, Earl C.; Lime, David W.; Thompson, Jerrilyn Lavarre
- Camping and RV travel trends
Cole, Gerald L.; LaPage, Wilbur F.
- Trends in the market for privately owned seasonal recreational housing
Ragatz, Richard L.
- Trends in hiking and backcountry use
Spencer, Edward L.; Echelberger, Herbert E.; Leonard, Raymond E.; Evans, Craig
- Trends in emerging and high risk activities
White, Robert C.; Schreyer, Richard; Downing, Kent
- Trends in day uses of parks and forests
O'Leary, Joseph T.; Peine, John; Blahna, Dale
- Trends in outdoor recreation activity conflicts
Lindsay, John J.
- Trends in methodological differences
Stynes, Daniel J.; Bevins, Malcolm I.; Brown, Tommy L.
- The trend of measuring public use of the national park
Hornback, Kenneth E.
- Data banks for recreation supply and participation
Avedon, E. M.; Smith, S. L. J.
- New Hampshire - an outdoor recreation trend leader
Hamilton, George T.
- Recreation trends: indicators of environmental quality
- Converging social trends - emerging outdoor recreation issues
Reidel, Carl H.
- Trends in outdoor recreation legislation
Siehl, George H.
- Land management policy and program trends
Lewis, Darrell E.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers recreation resource management challenges
Purvis, Gerald T.
- A methodology for the systematic collection, storage, and retrieval of trend data for the U. S. army engineers recreation program
Propst, Dennis B.; Abbey, Robert V.
- Forecasting trends in outdoor recreation activities on multi-state basis
Scardino, Vincent A.; Schwalbe, Josef; Beauregard, Marianne
- A simulation model for forecasting downhill ski participation
Stynes, Daniel J.; Spotts, Daniel M.
- The dynamics of recreation participation: ski touring in Minnesota
Knopp, Timothy B.; Ballman, G.; Merriam, L. C.
- Trends in the temporal distribution of park use
Manning, Robert E.; Cormier, Paula L.
- Network analysis: a new tool for resource managers
Allen, Ruth H.
- Outdoor recreation trend research: making the possible probable
- Trends in federal land acquisition, protection strategies, and planning
- Social-psychological implications for recreation resource planning
Bhullar, Hardeep S.; Everson, Alan R.; Gunn, Scout L.
- Automatic, time-interval traffic counts for recreation area management planning
Erickson, D. L.; Liu, C. J.; Cordell, H. K.
- Cross country skiing trend data: planning for participant needs
Newby, Floyd L.; Lilley, William D.
- A possible railroad oriented scenario in Potomac River Basin planning
Siehl, George H.
- Changes in recreation oriented travel in the northeast between 1972 and 1977
Cole, Gerald L.
- Trends in Allagash Wilderness Waterway uses in the 1970's
Cieslinski, Thomas J.
- Assessing changes in the importance of tourism in the Northeast
Brown, Tommy L.
- A method for explaining trends in river recreation demand
Peterson, George L.; Lime, David W.; Anderson, Dorothy H.
- Trends in recreational vehicle traffic in northeastern Minnesota
Norton, Arthur; Noyce, Karen; Wood, Thomas J.
- Snowmobiling in the 1980's: continued progress for a mature recreational activity
Jobe, William T., Jr. Jr.
- Woodall publishing company, an important industry source of camping information
Fuller, Curtis; Foght, Paul; Profaizer, Linda
- Industry sources of trend data - skiing
Malcolm, William F., Jr. Jr.
- Trends in participation sports during the decade of the 70's
Halstenrud, Robert J.
- Recreation trends - a future look
Lancaster, Roger A.
- Outdoor recreation trends in the 1980's so what? - implications for society!
Van Doren, Carlton S.
View or Print this Publication (58.9 MB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
LaPage, Wilbur F.; [Chairman] 1980. Proceedings 1980 National Outdoor Recreation Trends Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-57. Vol. I and II. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station. 249p. and 223p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility