||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Proceedings, Symposium: Microbial control of spruce budworms and gypsy moths
Author: Grimble, David G.; Lewis, Franklin B.
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-100. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station Broomall, PA. 175 p.
- Opening remarks
Burns, Denver P.
- Symposium on microbial control of spruce budworm and gypsy moth
Lewis, F. B.
- Canadian user perspectives on Bt use for protection against spruce budworm
Irving, H. J.
- Operational experiences with Bt in the Eastern United States
Trial, Henry, Jr. Jr.
- Four engine aircraft experience in the application of Bacillus thuringiensis against the spruce budworm in Quebec
- Review of foliage protection spray operations against the spruce budworm with Bacillus thuringiensis kurstakii from 1980 to 1983 in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, Canada
Kettela, E. G.
- Comparison of Bt formulations against the spruce budworm
McCreery, Lew; Millers, Imants; Souto, Dennis; Francis, Bruce
- Pennsylvania's experiences with microbial control of the gypsy moth
Nichols, James O.
- Microbial control of the gypsy moth in recently infested states: experiences and expectations
Tigner, Timothy C.
- Some negative aspects of using Bacillus thuringiensis Berliner in operational programs against the gypsy moth (Lepidoptera: Lymantriidae)
Kegg, John D.
- Overall aspects of Bt in forest service cooperative gypsy moth suppression projects
Schneeberger, Noel F.
- Recent field experiences with Bacillus thuringiensis in Canada and research needs
Morris, Oswald N.
- Recent field research experience with B.t. against spruce budworm in the eastern U.S.
Dimond, John B.
- Field tests with a highly concentrated Bacillus thuringiensis formula against spruce budworm, Choristoneura fumiferana (Clem.) (Lepidoptera: tortricidae)
Smirnoff, W. A.
- Status of viruses as biocontrol agents for spruce budworms
Cunningham, J. C.
- Erynia radicans as a mycoinsecticide for spruce budworm control
Soper, Richard S.
- The effect of Erynia radicans on food consumption, utilization and fecundity by the spruce budworm, Choristoneura fumiferana.
Mohamed, Abdul K. A.; Lewis, Lucius; Lewis, Denise
- Recent field studies on the use of Bacillus thuringiensis to control the gypsy moth (Lymantria dispar L.)
Dubois, Normand R.
- Interactions between microbial agents and gypsy moth parasites
Weseloh, Ronald M.
- Gypchek®: past and future strategies for use
Podgwaite, J. D.
- Recent field research using microbial insecticides against gypsy moth
Abrahamson, Lawrence P.; Eggen, Donald A.
- Selection of new more potent strains of Bacillus thuringiensis for use against gypsy moth and spruce budworm
Dubois, Normand R.
- Chitinase producing Bt strains
Gunner, Haim B.; Zimet, Matthew; Berger, Sarah
- The biochemistry of the protein crystal toxin of Bacillus thuringiensis
Fast, Paul G.
- Selection of active strains of the gypsy moth nuclearpolyhedrosis virus
Shapiro, M.; Dougherty, E.
- Pathways of nucleopolyhedrosis virus infection in the gypsy moth, Lymantria dispar
Shields, K. S.
- Enzyme immunoassays for detection of gypsy moth nuclear polyhedrosis virus
- Genetic engineering of microbial pesticides
Carlton, Bruce C.
- Developments in commercially produced microbials at Biochem Products
Lublinkhof, John; Ross, Douglas H.
- Commercial production of microbials by Reuter Laboratories, inc., for control of the gypsy moth and the spruce budworm
Obenchain, F. D.
- Recent developments in the Zoecon Corporation and the Thuricide® forestry formulations
Beck, William R.
- Symposium on formulation and application of microbials for spruce budworm and gypsy moth control
Armstrong, J. A.; Yendol, W. G.
- Measurement of foliar deposits of Bt and their relation to efficacy
Fast, P. G.; Kettela, E. G.; Wiesner, C.
- Stabilization and application of Bt
Villaveces, A.; Goldman, I.; Carlton, B.; Himel, C. H.
- Spray swath patterns of small aircraft and vertical distribution of microbial spray deposits
Yendol, W. G.
- Discussion panel: field test design & data analysis
Schmitt, Daniel M.; Waters, William E.; Cadogan, B. Leo; Walton, Gerald S.
- Bioassay of formulations of Bacillus thuringiensis for use in forestry: panel discussion of the role of the bioassay in standardizing formulations of B. thuringiensis
Dulmage, H. T.; Beegle, C. C.; Dubois, N. R.
Description: Presents state-of-the art information on the development and use of microbial insecticides.
View or Print this Publication (13.0 MB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
Grimble, David G.; Lewis, Franklin B. 1985. Proceedings, Symposium: Microbial control of spruce budworms and gypsy moths. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-100. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station Broomall, PA. 175 p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility