||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Proceedings, U. S. Department of Agriculture interagency gypsy moth research review 1990
Author: Gottschalk, Kurt W.; Twery, Mark J.; Smith, Shirley I.; [Editors],
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-146. Radnor, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 152p.
- Variation in the suitability of tree species for the gypsy moth
Montgomery, Michael E.
- Epizootiology of gypsy moth nuclear polyhedrosis virus
Elkinton, Joseph S.; Burand, John P.; Murray, Kathleen D.; Woods, Stephen A.
- Effects of defoliation by gypsy moth
Twery, Mark J.
- Sampling low-density gypsy moth populations
Wallner, William E.; Jones, Clive G.; Elkinton, Joseph S.; Parker, Bruce L.
- Entomophaga maimaiga panzootic in northeastern gypsy moth populations
Hajek, Ann E.; Elkinton, Joseph S.
- General and specific gypsy moth predators
Weseloh, Ronald M.
- Impact of small mammal predators on gypsy moth
Elkinton, Joseph S.; Smith, Harvey R.; Liebhold, Andrew M.
- The effects of tree species and site conditions on gypsy moth survival and growth in Michigan
Witter, John A.; Montgomery, Michael E.; Chilcote, Charley A.; Stoyenoff, Jennifer L.
- Performance of gypsy moth larvae on hosts from the Deep South: survival, development and host preferences
Berisford, C. Wayne; Lanigan, Todd J.; Montgomery, Michael E.
- Development of appropriate methodologies for sampling gypsy moth populations in moderately sized urban parks and other wooded public lands
Thorpe, K. W.; Ridgway, R. L.; Webb, R. E.
- Leading edge gypsy moth population dynamics
Carter, M. R.; Ravlin, F. W.; McManus, M. L.
- Analysis of spatial density dependence in gypsy moth mortality
Liebhold, Andrew; Elkinton, Joseph S.
- Gypsy moth larval defense mechanisms against pathogenic microorganisms
Shields, Kathleen S.; Butt, Tariq M.
- Temporal analysis and spatial mapping of Lymantria dispar nuclear polyhedrosis virus transcripts and in-vitro translation products
Slavicek, James M.; Hayes-Plazolles, Nancy
- Construction of a transfer vector for a clonal isolate of LdNPV
Hiremath, Shivanand T.; Fikes, Martha; Ichida, Audrey
- Replication and inclusion body characteristics of two Lymantria dispar nuclear polyhedrosis virus plaque variants
Slavicek, James M.; Lanner-Herrera, Carita; Hayes-Plazolles, Nancy; Kelly, Mary Ellen; Fikes, Martha
- Autographa caljfornica nuclear polyhedrosis virus replication in non-permissive Lymantria dispar cell lines
Dougherty, Edward M.; Guzo, David; Shields, Kathleen S.; Lynn, Dwight E.; Braun, Susan K.
- Response of gypsy moth larvae to homologous and heterologous nuclear polyhedrosis virus
Shields, Kathleen S.; Dougherty, Edward M.
- Detection of Lymantria dispar nuclear polyhedrosis virus in infected larvae using a DNA hybridization assay
Burand, J. P.; Keating, S. T.; Elkinton, J. S.
- Genetically-engineered baculovirus pesticides and their environmental safety
Wood, H. Alan; Zailin, Yu
- Knowledge-based geographic information systems on the Macintosh computer: a component of the GypsES project
Elmes, Gregory; Millette, Thomas; Yuill, Charles B.
- Phenology prediction component of GypsES
Logan, Jesse A.; Schaub, Lukas P.; Ravlin, F. William
- The treatment implementation advisor: a component of the GypsES project
Saunders, Michael C.; Foster, Michael A.
- Monitoring components of GypsES
Schaub, Lukas P.; Ravlin, F. William; Logan, Jesse A.; Fleischer, Shelby J.
- Hazard rating for gypsy moth on a Macintosh computer: a component of the GypsES system
Twery, Mark J.; Elmes, Gregory A.
- Microbial pesticides
McManus, Michael L.
- Interactions between nuclear polyhedrosis virus and Nosema sp. infecting gypsy moth
Bauer, L. S.; McManus, M.; Maddox, J.
- Evaluation of the Abington isolate of the gypsy moth nuclear polyhedrosis virus against a formulation of Gypchek in small field plots
Webb, R. E.; Shapiro, M.; Podgwaite, J. D.; Cohen, D. D.; Ridgway, R. L.
- Gypchek? use pattern realities
Podgwaite, John D.
- Current research efforts with Bacillus thuringiensis
Dubois, Normand R.
- Summary of the Blackmo 88 spray experiment
Miller, D. R.; Yendol, W. E.; McManus, M. L.; Anderson, D. E.; Mierzejewski, K.
- Gypsy moth management program for moderately sized urban parks and other wooded public lands
Webb, R. E.; Thorpe, K. W.; Ridgway, R. L.
- Vermont management in focal areas
Rosovsky, Judy; Parker, Bruce L.; Curtis, Luke
- Summary of experimental releases of exotic microsporidia: conclusions and recommendations
Maddox, J. V.; Jeffords, M. R.; McManus, M. L.; Webb, R. E.
- Regulation of disparlure titer in gypsy moth females: effects of mating and senescence
Giebultowicz, J. M.; Raina, A. K.; Thorpe, K. W.
- Isolation and characterization of juvenile hormone esterase from gypsy moth (Lymantria dispar)
Valaitis, Algimantas P.; Jolliff, Joan
- Using respiration rates of single eggs to determine gypsy moth pre-diapause developmental rates
Gray, D. R.; Logan, J. A.; Ravlin, F. W.
- Use of molecular probes to detect parasites and retrotransposons in gypsy moths
Werren, John H.; O'Dell, Thomas
- The backcross sterility technique
Mastro, V. C.; Pellegrini-Toole, A.
- Outcrossing colonies of the Otis New Jersey gypsy moth strain and its effect on progeny development
Tanner, John Allen; Schwalbe, Charles P.
- Pupal abnormalities among laboratory-reared gypsy moths
Hansen, Richard W.
- Variation in gypsy moth, with comparisons to other Lymantria spp.
Schaefer, Paul W.
- A monitoring system for gypsy moth management
Ravlin, F. William; Fleischer, S. J.; Carter, M. R.; Roberts, E. A.; McManus, M. L.
- History of research on modelling gypsy moth population ecology
Colbert, J. J.
- Pheromone dispenser formulations for use in gypsy moth management programs
Leonhardt, B. A.; Mastro, V. C.; Schwalbe, C. P.; Ridgway, R. L.
- Development of a pheromone-baited trap to monitor gypsy moth populations
Elkinton, Joseph S.; McManus, Michael L.
- Monitoring, and mapping gypsy moth data in AIPM: the process and problems of implementation
Fleischer, S. J.; Roberts, E. A.; Ravlin, F. W.; Reardon, R.C.
- Landscape ecology of gypsy moth in the Northeastern United States
Liebhold, Andrew; Halverson, Joel; Elmes, Gregory; Hutchinson, Jay
- Modeling gypsy moth seasonality
Logan, J. A.; Gray, D. R.
- Mesoscale landscape model of gypsy moth phenology
Russo, Joseph M.; Kelley, John G. W.; Liebhold, Andrew M.
- Behavior of the gypsy moth life system model and development of synoptic model formulations
Colbert, J. J.; Rumei, Xu
- Hazard rating forest stands for gypsy moth
Hicks, Ray R., Jr.
- The revelation
- What causes the patterns of gypsy moth defoliation?
Jones, Clive G.
- Development of a sampling system for Armillaria rhizomorphs in mixed oak stands: a progress report
Twery, Mark J.; Wargo, Philip M.
- Short-term effects of gypsy moth defoliation on nongame birds
Whitmore, Robert C.; Greer, Richard D.
- The effects of gypsy moth infestation on gray squirrel habitat and populations
Samuel, David E.; Silvester, Rob
- Effects of gypsy moth infestation on aesthetic preferences and behavior intentions
Brock, Samuel M.; Hollenhorst, Steve; Freimund, Wayne
- Using silviculture to minimize gypsy moth impacts
Gottschalk, Kurt W.
- Effects of gypsy moth-oriented silvicultural treatments on vertebrate predator communities
Greer, Richard D.; Whitmore, Robert C.
- Demonstration of the gypsy moth energy budget microclimate model
Anderson, D. E.; Miller, D. R.; Wallner, W. E.
- Micrometeorological measurements during the Blackmo 88 spray trials
Anderson, D. E.; Miller, D. R.; Wang, Y. S.; Yendol, W. E.; McManus, M. L.
- Detection of latent nuclear polyhedrosis virus in the gypsy moth
Burand, J. P.; Horton, H.; Elkinton, J. S.
- Gypsy moth life system model
Colbert, J. J.; Racin, G. E.
- Modified lignin sulfonate formulation for the photo protection of GMNPV
Deans, John Randy
- Statistical comparisons of AGDISP prediction with Mission III data
Duan, Baozhong; Mierzejewski, Karl; Yendol, William G.
- A multiple regression model for parasitization of gypsy moths by the introduced larval parasite Cotesia melanoscelus (Hymenoptera: Braconidae)
Fuester, Roger W.
- Does previous stand management influence gypsy moth-related mortality?
Gottschalk, Kurt W.
- Gypsy moth impacts on oak acorn production
Gottschalk, Kurt W.
- The West Virginia university forest hazard rating study: the hazards of hazard rating
Hicks, Ray R., Jr.; Fosbroke, David E.; Kosuri, Shrivenkar; Yuill, Charles B.
- Interactive effects of defoliation and low resource levels on photosynthesis, growth, and gypsy moth larval response to red oak seedlings
McGraw, James B.; Gottschalk, Kurt W.
- Predicting defoliation by the gypsy moth using egg mass counts and a helper variable
Montgomery, Michael E.
- Identification, cloning, and expression analysis of three putative Lymantria dispar nuclear polyhedrosis virus immediate early genes
Slavicek, James M.; Hayes-Plazolles, Nancy
- Understanding predation: implications toward forest management
Smith, Harvey R.
- Using ribosomal RNA technology for classifying microsporidia
Vossbrinck, C. R.; Baker, M.; Maddox, J.; Jeffords, M. R.; Debrunner-Vossbrinck, B. A.
- Architecture of the Black Moshannon forest canopy measured by hemispherical photographs and a LI-COR LAI-2000 sensor
Wang, Y. S.; Welles, J.; Miller, D. R.; Anderson, D. E.; Heisler, G.; McManus, M.
Description: Eight invited papers and 68 abstracts of volunteer presentations on gypsy moth biology, ecology, impacts, and management presented at the U. S. Department of Agriculture Interagency Gypsy Moth Research Review.
View or Print this Publication (11.7 MB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
Gottschalk, Kurt W.; Twery, Mark J.; Smith, Shirley I.; [Editors] 1991. Proceedings, U. S. Department of Agriculture interagency gypsy moth research review 1990. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-146. Radnor, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 152p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility