||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Proceedings of the 1994 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium
Author: Vander Stoep, Gail A.; [Editor],
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-198. Radnor, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 1-263
- Measuring and improving customer satisfaction with government services
Alexander, Glen D.
- The resource and the storyline: an interpretive balancing act
LaPage, Wilbur K.
- Current trends and issues: Pennsylvania State Parks
- Estimating dispersed recreational use on Michigan's state and national forests
Nelson, Charles M.; Lynch, Joel A.
- Identified recreation opportunities and preferences for the lower Penobscot River, Maine
Fusselman, Milton J.; Tynon, Joanne
- Outdoor recreation opportunities and land use change in Vermont's Lake Champlain Basin
Lindsay, John J.
- Indicators of standards of the quality of the visitor experience at a heavily-used national park
Manning, Robert E.; Lime, David W.; McMonagle, Richard F.
- Monetary and social impact measures of visitor experience and the effects of a piping plover recovery program on visitor experience
- Angler specialization among salmon and trout anglers on Lake Ontario
Dawson, Chad P.
- Effect of experience, expectation and resource availability on perceptions of crowding among trout anglers in Pennsylvania
Miller, Craig A.
- Human relationships with wildlife in Vermont
Glass, Ronald J.; More, Thomas A.; Zwick, Rodney
- Specific responsible environmental behavior among boaters on the Chesapeake Bay: a predictive model part II
Cottrell, Stuart P.; Graefe, Alan R.
- Potential revenues from a new day-use fee
Reiling, Stephen D.; Cheng, Hsiang-tai
- The development of a recreational land classification system
Reinhardt, Robert W.; Gould, Diana
- People's perceptions of managed and natural landscapes
Magill, Arthur W.
- The relationship of recreation specialization to the setting preferences of mountain bicyclists
Hopkin, Timothy E.; Moore, Roger L.
- Advancing environmental stewardship in New York state parks and historic sites
Cobb, Thomas L.
- Educational training and attitudes towards recycling among campground managers in Iowa
Cobb, Marci; Robertson, Robert A.
- Validity of using photographs to simulate visible qualities of forest recreation environments
Hoffman, Robin E.; Palmer, James F.
- Factors impacting the satisfaction of private campsite owners with campground recreation operations
Holdnak, Andy; Drogin, Ellen
- Recreation conflicts on Mt. Evans
Vaske, Jerry J.; Wittmann, Karin; Laidlaw, Susan; Donnelly, Maureen P.
- Selected leisure lifestyles of residents in rural tourist and non-tourist communities in Massachusetts
Klar, Lawrence R., Jr. Jr.; Warnick, Rodney B.
- Rural influentials' perceptions of tourism and its potential for economic development: a qualitative study
Burr, Steven W.
- Time series analysis of travel trends in Vermont
Ramaswamy, Varna M.; Kuentzel, Walter F.
- The New England travel market: changes in generational travel patterns
Warnick, Rodney B.
- The effect of verbal interpretive message on day user impacts at Mount Rainer National Park
Kernan, Anne; Drogin, Ellen
- Factors affecting the value of a wilderness visit: a contingent valuation study of Caribou-Speckled Mountain Wilderness users
Michael, Jeffery A.; Reiling, Stephen; Cheng, Hsiang-Tai
- Sector analysis of economic impacts from heritage centers
Strauss, Charles H.; Lord, Bruce E.
- Techniques for assessing extramarket values
Dennis, Donald F.
- The integrated business information system: using automation to monitor cost-effectiveness of park operations
Stanley, Dick; Jackson, Bruce
- Gender differences in the use of public parks in Northeast Ohio
- Examining African American and white outdoor recreation participation after demographic standardization on selected characteristics
Christensen, James E.; Dwyer, John F.
- Frontcountry encounter norms among three cultures
Vaske, Jerry J.; Donnelly, Maureen P.; Doctor, Robert M.; Petruzzi, James P.
- Effect of involvement level on mail panel survey response rates
Havitz, Mark E.; Howard, Dennis R.
- Forecasting outdoor recreation participation: a cohort-component projection model for Illinois residents
Dwyer, John F.
- The outdoor situational fear inventory: a newer measure of an older instrument
Young, Anderson B.; Ewert, Alan; Todd, Sharon; Steele, Thomas; Quinn, Thomas
- Regional trade market analysis: resort marketing approaches
Bojanic, David C.; Warnick, Rodney B.
- Understanding seasonal home use: a recommended research agenda
Stewart, Susan I.; Stynes, Daniel J.
- Environmental ethics and wilderness management: an empirical study
Valliere, William A.; Manning, Robert E.
- Concern with the rural environment: urban views on the use of agricultural pesticides and chemicals
Jacob, Steve; Luloff, A. E.
- The 1992 Vermont recreation survey and environmental index: Vermonters' perceptions of recreational and environmental issues in Vermont
Wiberg, Kevin R.; Schmidt, Frederick E.; Manning, Robert E.; Bulmer, Susan
- Identifying criteria and establishing parameters for forest-based ecotourism in Northern Ontario, Canada
Boyd, Stephen W.; Butler, Richard W.; Haider, Wolfgang
- Boating opportunities: a geographical analysis of travel patterns and motivations
Bristow, Robert S.; Bennett, William D.
- Partnerships panel: the use of contractors and partnerships in public forest recreation: some considerations
Twight, Ben W.
- Partnerships panel: the New Jersey coastal heritage trail route: a partnership in action
Correll, Philip G.; Wolf, Janet C.
- Partnerships panel: natural, resource partnerships: literature synthesis and research agenda
Selin, Steve; Myers, Nancy
- Changes in federal agencies panel: human dimensions research and ecosystem management: policy and research implications for recreation research efforts
- Travel and tourism trends
Chavez, Deborah J.
- A case study of the impacts of "all inclusive pricing" on resort recreation participation
Holdnak, Andy; Jewett, Heidi
- Steps in the open space planning process
Kelly, Stephanie B.; Ryan, Melissa M.
- Natural resource managers: their role in international tourism and rural development
Magill, Arthur W.
- Environmental factors in golf course development: a case study
Mason-Fradette, Lisa; Bristow, Robert S.
- Attitudes toward sustainability and regulation of striped bass by Chatham fishermen
Bergquist, Benjamin P.; Zwick, Rodney R.
View or Print this Publication (25.8 MB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
Vander Stoep, Gail A.; [Editor] 1995. Proceedings of the 1994 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-198. Radnor, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 1-263
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility