||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Proceedings, 1995 meeting of the Northern Global Change Program; 1995 March 14-16; Pittsburgh, PA. : Introduction/Environmental Change
Author: Hom, John; Birdsey, Richard; O'Brian, Kelly; eds.,
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-214. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 238 p.
- The northern global change research program
Birdsey, Richard A.; Hom, John L.; Emery, Marla
- Delineation of climate regions in the Northeastern United States
DeGaetano, Arthur T.
- Enhancement of regional wet deposition estimates based on modeled precipitation inputs
Lynch, James A.; Grimm, Jeffery W.; Corbett, Edward S.
- Effects of calcium fertilization and acid mist on calcium concentration and cold tolerance of red spruce needles
Strimbeck, G. R.; Vann, David R.; Johnson, Arthur H.
- Ozone-induced accelerated foliar senescence: implications for toxicity and compensation
Pell, Eva J.; Brendley, Bryan W.; Sinn, Judith P.
- Root growth and respiration of aspen in response to ozone and elevated carbon dioxide
Coleman, M. D.; Dickson, R. E.; Isebrands, J. G.
- Effects of ozone and CO2 on the growth and physiology of aspen
Karnosky, D. F.; Gagnon, Z.; Dickson, R. E.; Pechter, P.; Coleman, M.; Kull, Olevi; Sober, Anu; Isebrands, J. G.
- Interacting effects of ozone and CO2 on growth and physiological processes in northern forest trees
Isebrands, J. G.; Karnosky, D. F.
- The chronic response of yellow-poplar and eastern white pine to ozone and elevated carbon dioxide: three-year summary
- Effects of carbon dioxide enrichment on response of pitch pine grown at different nutrient levels to aluminum
Schier, George A.; McQuattie, Carolyn J.
- Elevated CO2 compensates for water stress in northern red oak
Tomlinson, Patricia T.; Anderson, Paul D.
- Modeling impacts of CO2, ozone, and climate change on tree growth
Host, George E.; Theseira, Gary W.; Isebrands, J. G.
- Ozone exposure, uptake, and response of different-sized black cherry trees
Frederickson, Todd S.; Skelly, John M.; Steiner, Kim C.; Kolb, Thomas E.
- Water use in forest canopy black cherry trees and its relationship to leaf gas exchange and environment
Joyce, B. J.; Steiner, K. C.; Skelly, J. M.
- Effects of elevated CO2 and ozone on phenolic glycosides of trembling aspen
Nitao, James K.; Nair, Muraleedharan G.; Mattson, William J.; Herms, Daniel A.; Birr, Bruce A.; Coleman, Mark D.; Trier, Terry M.; Isebrands, J. G.
- Variable performance of outbreak defoliators on aspen clones exposed to elevated CO2 and O3
Herms, Daniel A.; Mattson, William J.; Karowe, David N.; Coleman, Mark D.; Trier, Terry M.; Birr, Bruce A.; Isebrands, J. G.
- Genetic aftereffects of increased temperature in Larix
Greenwood, Michael S.; Hutchinson, Keith W.
- Physiological and genotypic responses of central hardwood species to allelochemicals, other stresses, and their interactions
Van Sambeek, J. W.; Preece, John E.; Navarrete, Nadia E.; Rink, George
- The Howland Integrated Forest Study (HIFS) - ecosystem research on atmospheric influences governing forest function
Fernandez, Ivan J.; Rustad, Lindsey E.; Simmons, Jeffery A.; McLaughlin, James W.
- Biogeochemical cycling of carbon, nitrogen, and sulfur at the Howland Integrated Forest Study site, Howland, Maine
McLaughlin, James W.; Fernandez, Ivan J.; Goltz, Stewart M.; Rustad, Lindsey E.; Zibilske, Larry
- Elemental cycling response of an Adirondack subalpine spruce-fir forest to atmospheric and environmental change
Friedland, Andrew J.; Miller, Eric K.
- Internal uptake and assimilation of gaseous nitric acid by western forest tree species
Hom, John L.; Krywult, Marek; Bytnerowicz, Andrzej; Pearcy, Kevin E.
- Climatic and pollution influences on ecosystem processes in northern hardwood forests
Pregitzer, Kurt S.; Reed, David D.; Mroz, Glenn D.; Burton, Andrew J.; Witter, John A.; Zak, Donald A.
- Effects of elevated CO2 and shade on the decomposition of senesced tree foliage: impacts on microbial activity
Kaufman, Michael G.; Strand, R. Malcolm ; Kubiske, Mark E.; Mattson, William J.; Herms, Daniel A.; Walker, Edward D.; Pregitzer, Kurt S.; Merritt, Richard W.
- Effects of elevated CO2 and shade on the decomposition of senesced tree foliage: impacts on the growth and survival of treehole mosquitoes
Strand, R. Malcolm ; Herms, Daniel A.; Kaufman, Michael G.; Kubiske, Mark E.; Mattson, William J.; Walker, Edward D.; Pregitzer, Kurt S.; Merritt, Richard W.
- Cation depletion in New England forests
Hallett, Richard; Hornbeck, James
- Aluminum mobilization and calcium depletion in the forest floor of red spruce forests in the northeastern United States
Lawrence, Gregory B.; David, Mark B.; Shortle, Walter C.
- Calcium status of the forest floor in red spruce forests of the northeastern U.S. - past, present and future
David, Mark B.; Lawrence, Gregory B.; Shortle, Walter C.; Bailey, Scott W.
- Putrescine: a marker of stress in red spruce trees
Minocha, Rakesk; Shortle, Walter C.; Lawrence, Gregory B.; David, Mark B.; Minocha, Subhash C.
- Long-term changes in the acidity of a dekalb forest soil in the mid-region of the Susquehanna River Watershed
Robert, Joy R.; Sharpe, William E.
- Experimental soil warming effects on C, N, and major element cycling in a low elevation spruce-fir forest soil
Rustad, Lindsey E.; Fernandez, Ivan J.; Arnold, Stephanie
- Soil respiration and net N mineralization along a climate gradient in Maine
Simmons, Jeffery A.; Fernandez, Ivan J.; Briggs, Russell D.
- Increasing soil temperature in a northern hardwood forest: effects on elemental dynamics and primary productivity
McHale, Patrick J.; Mitchell, Myron J.; Raynal, Dudley J.; Bowles, Francis P.
- Microhabitat effects of litter temperature and moisture on forest-floor invertebrate communities
Christiansen, Tim A.; Perry, Sue A.; Perry, William B.
- Effects of acidic precipitation on leaf decomposition rates, microbial biomass, and leaf pack macroinvertebrates in six streams on the Allegheny plateau of West Virginia
Engstrom, Erik S.; Meegan, Sean K.; Perry, Sue A.; Perry, William B.
- Leaf litter processing in West Virginia mountain streams: effects of temperature and stream chemistry
Rowe, Jacquelyn M.; Perry, William B.; Perry, Sue A.
- Leaf litter decomposition and elemental change in three Appalachian mountain streams of different pH
Solada, Steven W.; Perry, Sue A.; Perry, William B.
- Methane evolution from Minnesota Peatlands
Verry, Elon S.
- Nutrient cycling in aggrading forests: 50 years of research at Pack Forest, New York
White, Edwin H.; Buxbaum, Charles A. Z.; Nowak, Christopher A.
- Relative nitrogen mineralization and nitrification potentials in relation to soil chemistry in oak forest soils along a historical deposition gradient
Boerner, Ralph E. J.; Sutherland, Elaine Kennedy
- Mortality patterns in oak forests along a climatic and acid deposition gradient
Sutherland, Elaine Kennedy; Yaussy, Daniel A.; Boerner, Ralph E. J.
- Thirty-three year changes in above- and below-ground biomass in northern hardwood stands in Vermont
Johnson, A. H.; Strimbeck, G. R.
- Evaluation of methodology for detecting/predicting migration of forest species
Solomon, Dale S.; Leak, William B.
- Growth responses of white oak and black oak to drought stress across gradients of acid deposition and microclimate
LeBlanc, David; Haack, Robert
- Assessing the ability of plants to respond to climatic change through distribution shifts
Schwartz, Mark W.
- Overview of current research on atmospheric interactions with wildland fires
Heilman, Warren E.
- Synoptic circulation and temperature pattern during severe wildland fires
Heilman, Warren E.
- Atmospheric mesoscale simulations of regional wildland fire episodes: looking for weather-related factors and scales of interaction
Potter, Brian E.
- Spatial patterns in carbon storage in a lake states' landscape
Bell, J. C.; Grigal, D. F.; Bates, P. C.; Butler, C. A.
- Carbon storage in managed forests of the northern Great Lake States
Rollinger, Jeanette L.; Strong, Terry F.
- Temperature and earthworm effects on C and N dynamics in oak stands along an urban-rural land use gradient
Pouyat, R. V.; Groffman, P. M.; Carreiro, M. M.; Bohlen, P.; Parmelee, R. W.
- Preparation of Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) and State Soil Geographic Data Base (STATSGO) data for global change research in the Eastern United States
Iverson, Loius R.; Prasad, Anantha M. G.; Scott, Charles T.
- Regeneration attributes of tree species in the central hardwoods type
Sutherland, Elaine Kennedy; Hale, Betsy J.; Hix, David M.
- Herbivorous insects and climate change: potential changes in the spatial distribution of forest defoliator outbreaks
Williams, David W.; Liebhold, Andrew M.
- Predicting the effects of tropospheric ozone on forest productivity in the Northeastern U.S.
Ollinger, Scott V.; Aber, John D.; Reich, Peter B.
- Catalog of long-term research conducted within the USDA Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station
Barrett, Hope R.
- Carbon balance of the Alaskan boreal forest
Yarie, John; Hammond, Tim
- An energy balance model for forest canopies: a case study
Goltz, S. M.; Smith, James A.
- Temporal and spatial trends of fluxes and concentrations of CO2 above and within the canopy at Howland, Maine: preliminary results
Goltz, S. M.
- Dynamics of calcium concentration in stemwood of red spruce and Siberian fir
Smith, Kevin T.; Shortle, Walter C.; Minocha, Rakesh; Alexeyev, Vladislav A.
Description: Contains articles presented at the 1995 Northern Global Change Program meeting on the following topics: monitoring and predicting regional environmental change, responses of northern tree species to regional stress, responses of ecosystem processes to regional stress, forest and landscape responses to regional stress and management activities, human-forest interactions and regional change, an integrated national model of the effects of global change on U.S. Forests, and boreal forest and global change.
View or Print this Publication (14.5 MB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
Hom, John; Birdsey, Richard; O''Brian, Kelly; eds. 1996. Proceedings, 1995 meeting of the Northern Global Change Program; 1995 March 14-16; Pittsburgh, PA. : Introduction/Environmental Change. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-214. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 238 p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility