You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: The impact of climate change on America's forests
Author: Joyce, Linda A.; Birdsey, Richard
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-59. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 133 p.
- Overview: assessing the impacts of climate change on U.S. forests
Joyce, Linda A.; Birdsey, Richard
- Biome redistribution under climate change
Bachelet, Dominique; Neilson, Ronald P.
- Ecosystem productivity and the impact of climate change
Joyce, Linda A.; Nungesser, Martha
- Modeling climate change impacts on the forest sector
Mills, John R.; Alig, Ralph; Haynes, Richard W.; Adams, Darius M.
- Carbon sequestration in wood and paper products
Skog, Kenneth E.; Nicholson, Geraldine A.
- Mitigation activities in the forest sector to reduce emissions and enhance sinks of greenhouse gases
Birdsey, Richard; Alig, Ralph; Adams, Darius
Description: This report documents trends and impacts of climate change on America's forests as required by the Renewable Resources Planning Act of 1974. Recent research on the impact of climate and elevated atmospheric carbon dioxide on plant productivity is synthesized. Modeling analyses explore the potential impact of climate changes on forests, wood products, and carbon in the United States.
Keywords: forest productivity, vegetation change, carbon sequestration, mitigation, forest sector, timber inventory, soil carbon, carbon accounting, afforestation, deforestation
View or Print this Publication (5.5 MB bytes)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication. (Please specify exactly
which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
Joyce, Linda A.; Birdsey, Richard 2000. The impact of climate change on America''s forests. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-59. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 133 p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility