Title: Restoring Western Ranges and Wildlands, vol. 3
Author: Monsen, Stephen B.; Stevens, Richard; Shaw, Nancy L.
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-136-vol-3. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. Pages 699-884 plus appendices and index
- Chapter 24. Seed collection, cleaning, and storage
Jorgensen, Kent R.; Stevens, Richard
- Chapter 25. Shrub and forb seed production
Van Epps, Gordon A.; Stevens, Richard
- Chapter 26. Seed germination
Jorgensen, Kent R.; Wilson, G. Richard
- Chapter 27. Seed testing requirements and regulatory laws
Stevens, Richard; Jorgensen, Kent R.
- Chapter 28. Establishing plants by transplanting and interseeding
- Chapter 29. Production and use of planting stock
Shaw, Nancy L.
Description: This work, in three volumes, provides background on philosophy, processes, plant materials selection, site preparation, and seed and seeding equipment for revegetating disturbed rangelands, emphasizing use of native species. The 29 chapters include guidelines for planning, conducting, and managing, and contain a compilation of rangeland revegetation research conducted over the last several decades to aid practitioners in reestablishing healthy communities and curbing the spread of invasive species. Volume 1 contains the first 17 chapters plus the index. Volume 3 contains chapters 24-29 plus appendices and index.
Keywords: rehabilitation, revegetation, plant ecology, seed, plant communities, wildlife habitat, invasive species, equipment, plant materials, native plants
View or Print this Publication (4 MB bytes)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication. (Please specify exactly
which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
Monsen, Stephen B.; Stevens, Richard; Shaw, Nancy L. 2004. Restoring Western Ranges and Wildlands, vol. 3. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-136-vol-3. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. Pages 699-884 plus appendices and index
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility