You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Whole-tree utilization of southern pine advanced by developments in mechanical conversion
Author: Koch, Peter;
Source: Forest Products Journal, Vol. 23(10): 30-33
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
Description: In 1963 approximately 30 percent of the dry weight of aboe- and below-ground parts of southern pine trees ended as dry-surfaced lumber or paper; the remaining 70 percent was largely unused. By 1980, computer-controlled chipping headrigs, think-kerf saws, lamination of lumber from rotary-cut veneer, high-yield pulping processes, and more intensive use of roots, bark, and tops will likely double the yield of lumber, paper, bark products, and reconstituted board to 60 percent of the dry weight of above and below-ground tree parts.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication. (Please specify exactly
which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
XML: View XML
Koch, Peter 1973. Whole-tree utilization of southern pine advanced by developments in mechanical conversion. Forest Products Journal, Vol. 23(10): 30-33
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility