You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Kinetics on cocondensation between phenol and urea through formaldehyde III
Author: Yoshida, Yasunori; Tomita, Bunichiro; Hse, Chung-Yun;
Source: Mokuzai Gakkaiski, Vol. 41(7): 652-658
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
Description: Concurrent reactions involving cocondensation and self-codensation were determined simultaneously in the reactions of o- and p-methylophenol, respectively, with urea. The results were as follow:
(1) The reactivity ratio of self-condensation to cocondensation could be determined by equation  for the concurrent reaction of monomethylolphenol with urea.
(2)For the reaction of o-methylolphenol with urea in water, it was found that the second-order rate constant of the self-condensation due to the formation of a o,p-methylene linkage is approximately ten times greater than that of the cocondensation between o-methylolphenols with urea, The reaction solvent of the mixture of water and dioxane reduced the ractivity ratio.
(3) For the reaction of p-methylolphenol with urea using a water/dioxane solvent, it was suggested that the rate constant of the cocondensation is approximately four times greater than that of the self-condensation between p-methylolphenols.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication. (Please specify exactly
which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
XML: View XML
Yoshida, Yasunori; Tomita, Bunichiro; Hse, Chung-Yun 1995. Kinetics on cocondensation between phenol and urea through formaldehyde III. Mokuzai Gakkaiski, Vol. 41(7): 652-658
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility