Skip to page content
USDA Forest Service
  
Treesearch

Research & Development Treesearch

 
Treesearch Home
About Treesearch
Contact Us
Research & Development
Forest Products Lab
International Institute of Tropical Forestry
Northern
Pacific Northwest
Pacific Southwest
Rocky Mountain
Southern Research Station
Help
 

Science.gov - We Participate


USA.gov  Government Made Easy


Global Forest Information Service

US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
Washington, D.C.
20090-6090

(202) 205-8333

You are here: Home / Search / Publication Information
Bookmark and Share

Publication Information

View PDF (397 KB bytes)

Title: Domestic fuelwood use in Louisiana

Author: Rudis, Victor A.;

Date: 1986

Source: Proceedings 3rd Southern Biomass Energy Research Conference; 1985 March 12-14;Gainesville, FL:New York:Plenum Press: 43-55.

Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication

Description: A telephone survey of Louisiana households and commercial vendors of domestic fuelwood was conducted in 1984 to assess domestic fuelwood use and sources of production.Twenty-two percent of the households surveyed used fuelwood during the 1983-84 heating season.Domestic fuelwood production amounted to 981,000 m3, an amount comparable to 10% of Louisiana's 1982 pulpwood production.The survey also pointed out differences in total production by type of producer, condition and species of trees used, land use class, ownership class, and geographic regions.Of the total fuelwood produced, 71% was cut or collected directly by households, while the remaining 29% was cut or collected by tree service companies, other companies, and other individual vendors.The majority of fuelwood came from live trees, primarily oaks, and was cut from private woodlands.Production was greatest in northern parishes near major cities.

Keywords: Consumption, producers, woody biomass, firewood.

Publication Notes:

  • We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
  • This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
  • You may send email to pubrequest@fs.fed.us to request a hard copy of this publication. (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)

XML: View XML

Citation:


Rudis, Victor A. 1986. Domestic fuelwood use in Louisiana. Proceedings 3rd Southern Biomass Energy Research Conference; 1985 March 12-14;Gainesville, FL:New York:Plenum Press: 43-55.

 


 [ Get Acrobat ]  Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility

USDA logo which links to the department's national site. Forest Service logo which links to the agency's national site.